Discussion > Referrals/Resources

I presented your ideas to my CD counseling class and was asked how widely it has been accepted and is being used. Could you please comment?
Also, for my personal circumstance with crack addiction in my family, I would like to find someone who uses these ideas in their practice. I notice several comments ask for this information. Since those therapists might be familiar with this website, would you consider allowing them to announce themselves here?

July 18, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterPriscilla Morton

Thanks for your comment. I know that my papers and books are used for teaching professionals around the country,and many therapists have spoken or written to me to say they use my views in their practices. However, most people in treatment centers (as well as the media) still hold on to the culturally dominant paradigms, mainly the 12-step idea and the incorrect "brain disease" model.
Your suggestion to add a section for therapists to announce themselves is a good one. My only reservation is that I have no way to vet these announcements,and I don't want to convey false information.

July 26, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterLance Dodes, M.D.

I think it would be IDEAL if you would start of list, with a pre-qualifier that you have not vetted, nor do you endorse those counselors and that it is up to the individual to vet them. I have no idea where to find a counselor with your ideology and would love to have a place to start.

December 30, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterStacy McDonald